Monday, November 10, 2008

Reviewed: Girl Talk @ Congress Theater

I went to Girl Talk at the Congress Theater with a bunch of my friends this weekend, and we had a blast. It was debauchery from the moment we walked in the door (okay, maybe not quite as much as Lolla, but still nice to let loose and dance for a night).

I wrote a review of the show for Transmission. The only thing I didn't talk about is how annoyed I was about the coat check. Right when we walked in we went up the stairs to the coat check just to be told it is full and they are not taking anymore coats, while I'm looking at a huge empty space behind them. I'm sorry, its 30 degrees outside and this is a sold out event, you should accommodate all your patrons. This venue has been here for 80 years, its not like we didn't know it was going to be cold in Chicago in November! And Congress, I couldn't help but notice that your website touts "high capacity coat check service"...

Anyway, enough of my rant, go read my review of the actual show.


P.S. Tankboy got some AWESOME pics of the show you should check out.

No comments: