Thursday, August 5, 2010

Good Reasons To Get There Early

Tomorrow is the big day: Lollapalooza. I have spent the last three weeks listening to every band on the lineup, and I have to say the end of the list may be the most exciting part. A lot of great up-and-coming bands playing early. I wasn't familiar with most of them, but they've got me wanting to roll out of bed early to check them out. Plus, being part of the early crew means less crowds so you can get closer to the stage.

Here are my picks for the early shift:

These United States
Javelin
Wavves
The Ettes
The Constellations
Mimicking Birds
The Soft Pack
Skybox
Son of a Bad Man
Miniature Tigers
HEALTH
The Antlers
Nneka

See the rest of my "custom lineup" here.

I'll be covering the festival for Gapers Block, so you can follow my weekend there with daily postings, and this year we've teamed up with Chicagoist and PBS News Hour.

See you on the fields.

No comments: