Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Don't Runaway

In my album-mountain I've been traversing the last few days, Kanye's My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is the one I seem to be defaulting to most--and that was before I finally got around to watching this Runaway film. Remember Thriller? This is like MJ x1000. The images in this video are so beautiful, you could freeze any frame into it's own amazing stand-alone print. The music is basically a showcase of the album, which you won't get any flack from me about. And there are ballerinas.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The short film was fantastic! I was able to pick up on the fact early on that all of the songs being used for the film were in fact every song, in order, on the album (minus Monster and So Appalled). This is easily his most cohesive work since Late Registration and for a concept album, it's executed damn near flawlessly.

I haven't stopped listening to the album and would love to hear what your favorite tracks are. (I know, the whole album is good, but pick your most favored!)