Friday, August 5, 2011

Meant to Lolla

Well, looks like it was meant to be. I didn't buy a Lollapalooza pass this year because I wasn't that stoked about the lineup and I frankly just didn't want to spend the dough. Maybe I was a little jaded after covering the fest last year and then my writing burnout that shortly followed. Besides, I figured the weekend has become more about the surrounding parties and after-shows anyway, so I could go to some of those and be completely satisified...and not exhausted and covered in dirt and sweat (and honestly, the older I get, the harder it is to hang all day and all night!).

But here I am with a wristband wrapped securely around my wrist--one with pretty awesome access at that. My boy Tankboy was able to score it for me so I could watch him play in the now annual Do312 Celebrity Kickball game on Saturday.

This would have been my first year missing Lolla since it's Chicago rebirth. I guess that wasn't meant to be.

No comments: