Friday, June 28, 2013

Hockey Hooky


The Chicago Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup on Monday and today is the victory parade downtown, just a few blocks from my office. While I'm admittedly not a huge hockey fan, and I only watched a few minutes of one of those playoff games, there's nothing like being in a city like Chicago when a beloved sports team wins a championship. I'll probably head down towards the rally during my lunch hour just to see what it's like down there with the masses of people celebrating, just like I did when they won the Cup three years ago. It's something you don't get to experience often, if at all, so how could I pass it up when it's just a short walk down the street?!

Here's a live stream of the festivities if you can't make it:


View more videos at: http://nbcchicago.com.

No comments: