Thursday, September 3, 2015

Making the cut.



Very dramatic moment last night as I cut my finger with one of our brand new wedding registry knives. It's not too bad, but it was scary because there was a lot of blood. Luckily Husband was there to take care of me or I would have been in a much bigger mess.

There's something weird about being in the moment you get hurt, it's almost like you're outside your body watching it happen. I literally felt nothing as I watched blood pour out of my finger, but I also didn't move, so it's good that someone else was there to direct me to the sink and clean me up. Shock is a crazy thing, isn't it?


On a related note, I think I need to take a knife safety cooking class. Do those exist? I thought I was being careful when in fact I was being very dumb.

No comments: