Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Virgins Make Me Dance


Tonight, I'm going to see this new band, The Virgins, at Schubas. Tankboy played their song, "Rich Girls," in a DJ set a couple weeks ago, and I had to run up and ask him the name of it, it was so catchy.

We listened to their entire album on our road trip to D.C.--there and back in fact. The first time, it ended at the exact moment we pulled up to our destination. "Is it over?" I asked, kind of impressed that the timing worked out so perfectly, but also kind of disappointed that there wasn't more to hear. They have sort of an 80's style Depeche Mode, INXS, Talking Heads, even early Red Hot Chili Peppers... Anyway, you get what I'm getting at.  

I'm excited about the show! (dancing guaranteed...) Hope to see you there!









Rich Girls - The Virgins

No comments: