Monday, June 1, 2009

Discovered Yesterday...

Writing for Transmission I have access to a lot of music, but I don't always have time to write about every great band I come across. So, I decided to start a regular segment on my blog called Discovered Today... where I can at least let you know what's new and notable. I actually back-dated this post so I could highlight some groups that caught my attention a few weeks ago and stay in chronological order (I'm not at all anal). (6/23/09)

So here we go...

The Legends - Another catchy pop group out of Sweeden, but with edge. Check out the song "Always the Same."

Freeland - Power-electro, is that a genre? New album Cope is a non-stop serious party--think if LCD Soundsystem was actually from England.

Sally Shapiro - Disco that's not annoying, Swedish electro pop.

Bachelorette - More electronic pop, this time from New Zealand. One girl and her computer. Check out her single "Mindwarp." Plays (played) The Hideout 6/20/09.

No comments: