Thursday, August 6, 2009

Whatta Week!

It's been a busy week already and it's going to get even busier as Lollapalooza looms on the horizon.

Monday night, Tankboy and I went to see Pete Yorn at Park West (review can be read here) and what I thought would be an early night ended up with us meeting Tom Schraeder for drinks at High Dive (where I learned what it means to get "Yorned").

Thats quite a way to start out the week, especially when we should be resting up for a mammoth weekend. The celebration offically starts tonight as Andrew Bird takes over (the under 200 capacity) Schubas. This show was near impossible to get tickets to, but Tankboy managed to get two tickets for us (winning the best boyfriend ever award) and then just yesterday I got on the list for the show!! So we went from "no way we're going" to "who are we going to take with us?"!

Now down to business: If you're going to Lolla you should definitely get your buns there bright and early on Friday to see my Hey Champ buddies at 12:15 on the "Chicago 2016" stage. (Thats right, they're on the big stage!) As for the rest of my picks for the weekend, you can see my "custom schedule" here. Also, on Transmission, we are running features all week in a versus fashion to help you choose between bands playing on opposite ends of the park at the same times (I know, it sucks). My match ups were Andrew Bird/of Montreal/Peter Bjorn & John, Neko Case/Vampire Weekend and Jane's Addiction/Killers.

With all the aftershows, afterparties and other events happening this weekend, I'm sure there will be plenty of stories to share next week!

No comments: