Friday, October 9, 2009

Rest, Shows, and More Shows

Forgive me for being so absent from my blog! As expected, I was particularly worn/burnt-out after all that transcribing and writing, plus my real job has been keeping me busier than usual, so I decided to take a much needed step back from the scene.

I did make it out last night (in the rain and with a bum foot!) to see Bad Veins (yes, again) at Empty Bottle--reinforcing that their album is one of my absolute favorites of '09. Tankboy wrote them up and took a ton of great pics of the show (I'll post a link here as soon as he gets them up). We even chatted with the guys outside after the show for a bit, they were super cool.

My sister will be visiting this weekend for the Chicago Marathon, so we might hit up a show Saturday night. They Might Be Giants are at The Vic, Asobi Seksu is at Bottom Lounge and Drug Rug (previewed!) is opening for Portgual. The Man at Schubas. OR, I might be stuck at home tending to my bum foot... we shall see...


No comments: