Thursday, April 22, 2010

Rockin' Mixes For Kids


Tomorrow is the Rock for Kids Music Mixer at SmartBar and a bunch us from Gapers Block: Transmission have put our own mixes together for your bidding. Over 75 groups and artists representing the Chicago music community have contributed mix CDs that will be up for bidding, but I have to say, I'm a little partial to the GB staff offering. Here is a preview of my own playlist:

James Brown - Turn Me Loose, I'm Dr. Feelgood
Robert Palmer - Bad Case of Loving You (Doctor, Doctor)
Huey Lewis & The News - I Want A New Drug
Ray Charles - I Don't Need No Doctor
Memphis Minnie - Doctor Doctor Blues
The Beatles - Doctor Robert
The Lemonheads - Hospital
Mötley Crüe - Dr. Feelgood
Bon Jovi - Bad Medicine
The White Stripes - Girl, You Have No Faith In Medicine
The Replacements - Tommy Gets His Tonsils Out
Bobby McFerrin - Good Lovin'
David Seville - Witch Doctor
Charlotte Gainsbourg - IRM
The Faint - Take Me to the Hospital
The Velvet Underground - Lady Godiva's Operation
The Smiths - Girlfriend In A Coma
Death Cab For Cutie - What Sarah Said
Cold War Kids - Hospital Beds


I had a lot of fun coming up with a theme and putting it together, and found a bunch of new (to me) songs in the process. Of course you could take this song-list and put together your own mix CD, but wouldn't it be a lot more fun to get a CD that is already made (with awesome album art, i might add), and know that youre helping out a good cause in the process? I thought so. Tickets to the event are a $10 donation, and as an added bonus, our friends from ManBQue will be offering up nosh for the evening (seriously, try the bacon-gouda burger, it will change your life). See you tomorrow night!

No comments: