Tuesday, September 13, 2011

09112001

It's been a couple of days since the tenth anniversary of 9/11, and while I had a few things I wanted to say about that day in 2001 and the remembrance ten years later, I know that people (including myself) really only wanted to take that one day to allow themselves to look at the images and talk about the pain of that day. That was actually the one major point I intended to make--as much as I didn't want to dwell on those images and feelings, I do think it was appropriate, and now after the fact, actually necessary to spend one day really remembering. Not that we could ever forget.

So instead, I leave you with a photo of my father leaving flowers at a flag raised on Art Hill in memorial to his friend, Denny Scauso, an FDNY Firefighter who was killed in the line of duty at the World Trade Center that day.

No comments: