Tuesday, November 10, 2009

It's Frightening how much these guys sound like a darker Spoon.


White Rabbits' It's Frightening might just be my new favorite album, and I just found out it was produced by Britt Daniel (Spoon) which now that I know, I can't not hear his influence on the album--and that is NOT a bad thing. The sextet is based in Brooklyn but originally formed in Columbia, Missouri, the two frontmen having met at MU, which I was surprised to find out because that's my alma mater and looks as if they got together right after I skipped town. Man, sure wish I could have caught these guys at Mojos... Read my preview of their Schubas/Lincoln Hall shows here. A bit to add that I didn't fit in the write-up--I just noticed the heavy use of piano on the album, which I was surprised that I didn't notice before bc usually I can not STAND a lot of piano (just brings me shudders of Billy Joel) but here it doesnt annoy me, then I realized THAT is what gives it that Spoon-esque pop sound.

Plus, this video is a MUST SEE.

In other news, I'm really digging this new OK GO single, "WTF?". Stream it here.

No comments: