Friday, February 5, 2010

Pitchfork Lineup Announced!


As I mentioned yesterday, this year's Pitchfork Music Festival has been set for July 16-18. Tickets go on sale today (at noon) and part of the lineup has already been announced:

Friday, July 16 2010:
Modest Mouse and more to be announced!

Saturday, July 17 2010:
LCD Soundsystem and Raekwon, and more to be announced!

Sunday, July 18th 2010:
Pavement, St. Vincent, Lightning Bolt, Sleigh Bells, Here We Go Magic, Cass McCombs, and more to be announced!

It's no shock that Pavement would be headlining, but I've gotta say I'm most pumped for LCD Soundsystem on Saturday. He "opened" for Daft Punk at Lolla in '07--which was fantastic (not to mention appropriate), plus Sound of Silver as a whole is one of my favorite albums ever, one of those that will no doubt stand the test of time.

What about you? Who are you excited to see? Or, who do you expect (or want) to be added to the lineup in the coming months? (Although, my favorite part of festivals is stumbling upon new artists.)

1 comment:

Tankboy said...

Daft Punk is playing at my house ... my house.