Tuesday, March 23, 2010

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Looks like WOXY has bit the dust (again). This note appeared on their website this morning:

WOXY Listeners, Fans and Friends...

Due to current economic realities and the lack of ongoing funding for WOXY's operations, we've been forced to suspend our live broadcasts as of March 23rd. We're continuing to explore options to keep The Future of Rock and Roll alive. For business inquiries, please contact Bryan Jay (bryan@woxy.com) or John at Future Sounds (john@futuresounds.com).

Thanks for your years of dedicated support.

- Mike, Shiv, Joe, Paige, Brian and Bryan Jay


I have no words. I have been listening to this station for years. I weathered the last economic roller coaster of death with them, and was thrilled when they made the move to Austin and became an internet only station. I have never found another indie station that appealed to my taste so much--as I said yesterday, and almost every day that I listened: "man, woxy is on fire today."

All I can do now is second Robert Duffy at Done Waiting:

Please, someone with money buy WOXY. Shiv and Joe and others moved their families from Cincinnati to Austin and things were just starting to get going – just look at this past week of amazing SXSW coverage.

Goddamn it.


Okay, I'm going to go cry now.

No comments: